Tuesday, June 5, 2007

It's my blog and I'll write what I want to


I just titled the post that way because it amused me. It may amuse only me, but that's ok too.

Soooo... this is my blog. I've never done a blog before, though I have looked at many of them, sort of the way one looks at different cars on the road and thinks "that might be a fun thing". Welcome to my little corner of cyberspace. Leave a post if you're so inclined, or not, if you are inclined that way. In the meantime I'll blather a little about what is on my mind today.

Right now I have two literary agents looking at my novel. Well, I have no idea if they are looking at it right this minute, but I can hope. It is a bit nervewracking, I'll admit. You dream about it in between sweating over the keyboard and then the opportunity comes along and you discover just how scary it all is. My friends (who are all incredibly supportive and overwhelmingly positive in outlook) say to me: "what's the worst thing that could happen? they say no, and you try other agents." For me, my brain stops processing after the "they say no" part. I had to laugh the other day. I was reading an interview with novelist Christopher Moore, and he made a comment that writing was a mental cycle of "I'm a piece of crap!/I'm the king of the world!" Talk about something that resonates.

I guess that's long enough for my first post.

Cheers,

amadan

p.s. I feel much safer knowing that Paris Hilton is off the streets. Whew!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should have gone with a nice rosy pink background.

Anonymous said...

No Pink. I am of dubious character and may have Jameisons availible. You have been warned.

Anonymous said...

Paris Hilton is back on the street. 3 days. they had her for three days... she likes pink. No pink.